Guys, is there any better way to Celebrate National Rice Month than with a month’s worth of healthy rice recipes AND a Zojirushi rice cooker giveaway? I think not.
Here’s the scoop:
I asked my registered dietitian food blogging friends and colleagues for their best healthy rice recipes, so you know these recipes aren’t just tasty and satisfying, they’re all dietitian-approved.
I’m giving one lucky reader a Zojirushi rice cooker just like the one I have, to make your life and your belly a little bit happier. Trust me, it’s a game-changer in the kitchen.
If you like rice (and really, who doesn’t?) you’ll LOVE this appliance. It cooks up to 5.5 cups of rice, and it’s fitted with all of the bells and whistles. It guarantees a perfect pot of rice every time because it has settings for various types of rice (including sprouted rice), a set-it-and-forget-it timer, and a warming function (great for when you want to prep dinner early and eat later). It also has a handy steamer tray, so you can steam veggies or fish while your rice cooks – nothing better than a one-pot meal!
It’s valued at up to $150, but it could be yours for FREE if you:
- you leave a comment on this post telling me what rice recipe you would use it to make
- join my email list
- share this post on Facebook
- follow @CravingSomethingHealthy, @think_rice, and @ZojirushiAmerica on Instagram
- OR do them all and get a total of 7 entries!
This is a quick contest to celebrate National Rice Month which is in September. The winner will be notified by October 2, 2020, so don’t wait!.
Read on for 30 healthy rice recipes for every meal of the day, some facts about U.S.-grown rice, and for your contest entries.
- Roasted Vegetable Wild Rice Soup by Craving Something Healthy (pictured above)
- Egg Roll in a Bowl by Hungry Hobby
- Poke Bowls by The Wandering RD
- Easy Sprouted Rice Salad with Pomegranate Feta Pine Nuts and Fresh Herby by EA Stewart RD (pictured above)
- Spicy Beef Sushi Bowl by Live Best
- Thai Peanut Tempeh with Rice by Melissa Traub Plant-Based Nutrition
- Chicken Fried Rice in the Instant Pot by Nourish Nutrition (pictured above)
- Creamy Banana Coconut Rice and Beans by Being Nutritious
- Vacation Rice by Sound Bites Nutrition
- Breakfast Style Pork Fried Rice by Craving Something Healthy (pictured above)
- Lemon Rice Salad with Spring Vegetables by Vine Ripe Nutrition
- Healthy Veg Fried Rice by Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Holiday Persian Rice by Desi-licious (pictured above)
- Ginger Curry Rice Bowls by Kiss in the Kitchen
- Rice Frittata with Caramelized Tomatoes and Smoked Gouda by Craving Something Healthy
- Chicken Fajita Taco Salad by Colleen Christensen Nutrition (pictured above)
- Sweet Rice with Berries by Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Rainbow Asian Rice Salad with Shrimp by Craving Something Healthy
- Creamy Butternut Squash Risotto by Sweet Cayenne (pictured above)
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice by Colleen Christensen Nutrition
- Black Rice Harvest by Foods with Judes
- Pistachio Turmeric Rice Power Bowl by Sharon Palmer The Plant-Powered Dietitian (pictured above)
- Easy Jerk Tofu Bowls with Garlicky Collards by Rachel Hartley Nutrition
- Cozy Miso Chicken and Rice Soup by Sweet Cayenne
- Vegetarian Greek Rice Casserole by Rachel Hartley Nutrition (pictured above)
- Stuffed Pepper Soup by Hoorah to Health
- Slow Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding by Kara Lydon Nutrition
- Chicken Berry and Brown Rice Bowls by Craving Something Healthy (pictured above)
- Lentils Rice and Veggies by Rebecca Bitzer & Associates
- Broccoli Chickpea and Brown Rice Bowl with Mustard Soy Dressing by Rachel Hartley Nutrition
I really love the high-quality and huge range of varieties of rice that’s grown in the U.S. It’s also nice to know that when I buy U.S-grown rice, I’m supporting the farmers here.
Next time you’re stocking up on rice, make sure you look for U.S.-grown rice!
Fill Out The Entry Form below for your entries!
- Leave a comment below and let me know what healthy rice recipes you would make with your new Zojirushi rice cooker
- Share this post on Facebook and follow @CravingSomethingHealthy
- Follow @CravingSomethingHealthy, @think_rice, and @ZojirushiAmerica on Instagram
- Sign up for my email list
The winner will be notified by email so make sure you leave your email when you enter (I promise not to spam you!)
This Contest is Over!
Good luck, and Eat well!