This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
These cute DIY Fruit and Flower Arrangements are a thoughtful and tasty gift idea for Valentine’s day. Whether you want to show your appreciation for your significant other, your best girlfriends, coworkers, or teachers, these are so much better than chocolates – especially when you serve them with this healthy cream cheese icing fruit dip!!
It’s always nice to get or give a thoughtful gift on Valentine’s Day. And it doesn’t have to involve super-expensive roses and a box of chocolate from your significant other. Or even a significant other for that matter! I love the idea of celebrating Galentine’s Day with your favorite girlfriends. Or treating the kid’s teachers or your coworkers.
This year, more than ever, we could all use a little extra love. These fruit and flower or potted plant arrangements are a super-simple gift idea that takes just a minute to whip up, and they won’t break the bank.
Plus – these DIY Fruit and Flower Arrangements can also double as a dessert or a snack if you’re celebrating with friends. I love to serve fruit skewers with my “healthy cream cheese icing fruit dip” – it’s actually a honey and vanilla labneh made from strained Greek yogurt.
The star of the show here is the cute potted plant with the pearl pot cover. These are part of the debi lilly design™ limited-edition Valentine’s collection of floral products, candles, and accessories available exclusively at Albertsons Companies family of stores.
How to Make DIY Fruit and Flower Arrangements with Healthy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
It’s SO simple.
- Start with a potted blooming plant or foliage plant plus your choice of debi lilly pearl flower pot cover. The mini plants are cute if you want to give one to each friend/guest. The large plants are perfect if you’re bringing a dessert for a party.
- Then grab a few containers of cut fruit (all the work has been done) and a package of skewers.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers and arrange them around the plant. Make sure enough of the skewer is left open to stick it into the pot, so the fruit doesn’t end up in the dirt!
- Get the recipe for the Healthy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip below. All you need is plain Greek yogurt, sea salt, honey, and vanilla.
I got all of the ingredients for these DIY fruit and flower arrangements at my local Safeway. I love the quality and selection of their exclusive brands, which include debi lilly design, Signature SELECT®, Open Nature®, and OOrganics®. They have everything you need to create recipes and special gifts, all at a value, and in one place.
And to make your life even easier, Safeway offers Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop. If you aren’t near Safeway in the Phoenix area, you can also find these exclusive products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including:
- ACME Markets
- Shaw’s Supermarket
- Star Market
- Tom Thumb
I just love how this doubles as a healthy dessert and a much longer-lasting floral gift than roses (although those are always nice too!).
DIY Fruit Flower Arrangements with Healthy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt nonfat, 2%, or regular
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste (can substitute non calorie sweetener)
- 1 pound mixed cut fruit use the 1 pound bowl of precut fruit and berries
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth, and pour the Greek yogurt into the cheesecloth. Wrap it lightly into a ball, and set the strainer over a bowl to catch the liquid that will drain out. Set it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- When you're ready to make the fruit dip, discard any liquid that has drained from the yogurt (or use it in a smoothie – it's whey protein). Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, the vanilla, and honey to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Thread the fruit onto 8 skewers. If you're arranging these around a potted plant, leave some room at the bottom of each skewer to stick it into the soil.
- Serve the fruit skewers with the Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day this year?