Don’t you just love it when you find a really great product that makes your life easier? I mean, seriously, what did we do before the Swiffer was invented? Or how about those Yeti cups that keep your drinks ice cold all day, even in the Arizona summer heat? Have you tried those battery-powered sweater fuzz shavers? All brilliant inventions, and once you try them, you don’t want to be without ’em.
That’s how I feel about these fresh-frozen, preportioned herbs from Dorot. If you haven’t tried them yet – you don’t know what your missing!
The folks at Dorot grow their own cilantro, basil, parsley, garlic, chilis, and ginger. Then they’re nice enough to do the chopping, portion them into little cubes and freeze them, so they last for TWO YEARS in your freezer. Yes. That means, no more wasting a whole piece of fresh ginger when you only need a teaspoon. And no “I thought I had cilantro!” when it’s time to make guacamole. And absolutely, no more garlic hands! Fresh, organic herbs, with no prep and no cleanup. Brilliant invention, doncha think?
I get mine at Whole Foods – In the freezer section. Right between the organic mixed mushrooms and the organic edamame. Lots of other stores carry Dorot though, so visit their website, and while you’re at it grab a coupon for $1 off any of their products!
The other day I had a craving for a Creamy Garlic Chicken Stew, and even though the garlic cloves go into the pot whole and unpeeled, to finish the recipe, you have to 1) fish them out (a whole head of them!), 2) squeeze the softened garlic out of their skins, and then 3) try to get rid of the garlic smell from your fingers all week. NO. THANK. YOU. Love the dish, but hate the work! Thank heavens for Dorot pre-chopped garlic. Each cube contains about a clove of garlic, so you just pop them in and you’re done. Watch:
#ad Have you tried these #Fresh Frozen #Herbs from @MyDorot? Grab a #coupon: https://ooh.li/3c7d978 & #ElevateYourPlate #KitchenHacks Click To Tweet
Dorot garlic cubes also make garlic bread a SNAP! No more chopping, sauteing, and hoping that the garlic doesn’t clump in one spot on your bread. Just thaw out a cube or two and spread it evenly. Love that!
Crockpot Creamy Garlic Chicken with Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 3 large stalks of celery sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 package Dorot fresh frozen garlic cubes
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken pieces, and place in a single layer in the pan.
- Saute chicken until golden brown on each side.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Layer the onions, carrots, and celery in the bottom of a crock pot. Add the chicken pieces, and then the mushrooms.
- Pour the chicken stock and white wine over.
- Sprinkle the tarragon over everything.
- Pop the garlic cubes out and let them sit on top of the chicken.
- Cover, and cook on low for about 3 hours, or until chicken is fork tender, stirring once or twice to combine all of the ingredients.
- To finish the sauce, remove the chicken and vegetables from the pot, and transfer the sauce to a large saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil over high heat, and then reduce and simmer until the sauce is reduces by about half. You should have about 1 cup of sauce.
- Return the reduced sauce to a crockpot, and stir in the Greek yogurt. Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and extra tarragon if desired.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the crockpot and let warm through.
- Serve with noodles, or garlic toast.
Check out their website to find a store near you that carries Dorot frozen garlic (or any of their herbs), and start saving time in the kitchen people 🙂
Have you tried Dorot? If you’d like a coupon, click the link above – #ElevateYourPlate, and happy cooking!