Sheet Pan Restaurant-Style Salsa
Roasted tomato flavor just like the salsa at your favorite Mexican restaurant
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 2 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes (about 6) sliced in half
- 2 large jalapeños stems and seeds removed, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled, and sliced in quarters
- 4 medium garlic cloves unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (packed), more or less to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place the tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Pour the olive oil over and toss well to combine.
Spread the vegetables onto a lined sheet pan, in a single layer. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, or until they start to blacken in spots. Turn them after about 15 minutes, so they cook evenly.
When the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, remove the skins from the garlic, and place all of the vegetables into a blender or food processor, along with the salt, cumin, and lime juice.
Pulse several times or blend/process to almost desired consistency. Add the cilantro, and pulse 3-4 more times to incorporate.
Taste and adjust any seasonings. Serve warm with chips or vegetables.