Southwest Pimento Cheese Spread
An easy appetizer or sandwich spread. Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup kefir cheese, labneh, or Greek cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt any type
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 small jalapeno pepper more or less to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the kefir, labneh or Greek cream cheese and the Greek yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix together on low speed until smooth.
Add the cheeses, chopped jalapeño, green onions, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. Continue to mix until everything is combined.
Remove from the mixer, and stir in the roasted red pepper by hand. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold with vegetables and crackers, or put this spread into an ovenproof baking dish and heat it in the microwave for about 2 minutes, and serve it warm or hot with chunks of bread.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 45mg | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.2mg