One Pan Penne with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
A quick, easy, and protein-packed meal that's ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, in oil drained
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 8 oz Modern Table penne pasta
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (in water, not marinated) drain and remove any tough outer pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh sliced basil leaves for garnish
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
While the onions and garlic saute, place the drained sun-dried tomatoes and chicken stock into a blender and blend until smooth.
Add the tomato-chicken stock mixture to the pan with the onions and garlic. Bring it to a boil.
Add the pasta, and return the sauce to a boil. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
Stir the pasta, and add the artichoke hearts and spinach. Cover again and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Check it to make sure it's al dente and you don't overcook it.
When the pasta is cooked, add the cream and feta cheese. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately, garnished with fresh sliced basil, if desired.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1785IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2.8mg