Grilled Corn and Tomato Panzanella Salad
The best way to celebrate fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes and use up that stale load of bread
- 2 ears corn on the cob, peeled and shucked
- 4 slices stale bread (or 8 small appetizer size slices)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cut into cubes
- 4 ounces mini mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Olive oil Balsamic dressing
Heat your grill to medium-high heat (about 350 degrees) and lightly spray the cooking grates with cooking spray.
Grill the corn for about 10 minutes or until it is lightly charred all around.
Grill the bread for about 30-45 seconds on each side until it has grill marks.
Let the corn sit until it's cool enough to handle and cut off the cob. Slice the kernels and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Cut the bread into chunks and add it to the bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and toss lightly to combine with dressing.
Let the salad sit for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator, so the bread can soften and the flavors can blend.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2370IU | Vitamin C: 87.9mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 2.7mg