Fig & Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese & Prosciutto
The best and prettiest salad to make when fresh figs are in season
- 2 cups arugula loosely packed
- 3 fresh, ripe figs sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 slices prosciutto trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 ounce toasted pecans small handful
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
In a mixing bowl, toss the arugula, sliced figs and olive oil.
Place the strips of prosciutto on a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel, and microwave the prosciutto on high for about 45-60 seconds or until it is slightly crispy.
Add the warm prosciutto, pecans and blue cheese to the arugula and figs. Toss well to combine.
Drizzle about a tablespoon of the balsamic glaze (more or less) over the salad and serve.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1216IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg