California Power Salad
Servings 4 dinner servings or 8 side servings
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/2 small sweet Vidalia onion, sliced into thirds
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 3 large basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons parsley leaves
- kosher salt
- 4 cups loosely packed baby greens with spinach and arugula
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium ripe avocado cut into cubes
- 12 strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted sunflower seeds
Add all ingredients except for salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor, fitted with the chopping blade. Process until smooth, and season with salt and pepper to taste. If thinner dressing is desired, thin with a bit of cold water.
Toss salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Add desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.