Mediterranean Chopped Salad
If desired, serve with small, toasted pitas
Servings 4 main course servings
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs red wine wine gar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 English seedless cucumber, cut into 4 quarters lengthwise, and then cut each quarter into small, bite sized pieces
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 -15 oz can chick peas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 small red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup pitted black kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
Combine oilve oil, vinegar, and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
Combine all other ingredients except for pine nuts in a deep bowl. Toss well.
Add olive oil and vinegar dressing and toss to coat.
Divide salad onto 4 dinner sized plates.
Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over each salad and serve immediately.