Kale Apple Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Bring on the flavors of fall with this delicious salad.
Servings 2 large dinner salads
- 1/4 cup organic cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups stemmed kale leaves lightly packed
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 large sweet apple
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons salted, roasted sunflower seeds
To make the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Taste, and add extra salt if necessary.
To make the salad, chop the kale into very fine pieces and place it into a large mixing bowl. Add the toasted pecans.
Quarter and chop the apple into 1-inch pieces, and add it to the bowl.
If using the cheese, cut it into 1/2-inch cubes, and add it to the bowl.
Pour as much of the dressing as desired over the salad, and toss well to combine. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the salad. Divide into 2 large dinner portions, or 4 side portions, and serve immediately
Store any leftover dressing in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.