Dark Chocolate Cranberry Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk any kind
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries slightly thawed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 20 seconds until smooth.
Heat a non-stick pan on medium high heat. When the pan gets hot, test the heat by placing a drop of water on the pan. If it sizzles, the pan is ready.
Pour enough batter in the hot pan to make a 5-6 inch pancake. Let it cook until the batter bubbles, and then flip the pancake. Cook for about 20 seconds on the second side, and then remove it from the heat. Repeat with the remaining batter.
One batch of batter should make about 6 pancakes.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 231mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 2mg