Crunchy Rainbow Carrot Slaw
A light and healthy summer side dish
- 1 pound rainbow or orange carrots peeled and ends removed
- 1 medium sweet or tart apple peeled and quartered
- 1 small fennel bulb stems and outer layer trimmed off
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Cut the carrots in half, so they fit into the mouth of a food processor fitted with the grating blade. Pulse the food processor until they are grated. If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the carrots with a julienne peeler or a mandolin.
Repeat with the apple and fennel bulb.
Toss all of the grated vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
Slice the scallions lengthwise into thin strip, with a sharp knife. Next, slice the strips into 1-inch pieces. Add the scallions to the bowl and toss everything.
Sprinkle the cranberries, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts over everything and toss. Set the slaw aside while you make the dressing.
Combine all of the ingredients together in a jar or measuring cup and shake or stir well to combine. Taste and extra salt as desired, or adjust any seasons.
Pour the dressing over the slaw, and toss to combine. Let the slaw sit for 20-30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 12760IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.4mg