This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Easy Coconut Chicken Curry dish is so rich, tasty, and full of flavor. The "easy" is thanks to the O Organics® products from Safeway. They help you get a healthy and delicious dinner on the table in minutes!
How is it possible that the end of summer is already in sight? No matter how long the winter drags on, it seems that summer is always gone in the blink of an eye. And to make matters worse, the older you get, the faster it goes.
This fall promises to be much different than all of the others. Many of us will still be working from home. And kids may be attending school from home. Does anyone have college kids who are in limbo? Things could get a little hectic soon!
Even though our regular routines will probably be disrupted, one thing is certain - there will be nights when you won't feel like messing in the kitchen, and you'll want an easy dinner. So bookmark, pin, and share this coconut chicken curry recipe on your Facebook page! It will save your night - I promise!
The flavor and the convenience of this recipe are both thanks to a handful of O Organics® products that I get at my local Safeway. They make it so easy to get a quick and healthy dinner on the table any night of the week.
O Organics offers high-quality USDA-Certified organic back-to-school (or back-to-fall and reality) essentials. They're available at a value exclusively at Safeway in the greater Phoenix area.
I love that O Organics USDA-certified organic products are budget-friendly, without compromising quality and taste. And, they're available in every single aisle of the store!
I shopped at my neighborhood Safeway, but you can also find O Organics products exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw's Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
What I Love About This Chicken Curry
So many things! But mostly, the curry flavor.
Curry is one of my favorite spices. It's actually a spice blend made from cumin, coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, clove, ginger, and chili pepper. Those warm exotic flavors are what give Indian-inspired curry dishes their distinctive flavor.
I discovered O Organics Thai Style Curry Chicken Broth recently, and it's SO good. It's packed with curry flavors and a hint of refreshing lemongrass. It's also the keep-it-easy secret to this coconut chicken curry recipe. Along with the O Organics 7 Grains & Lentils Blend that cooks in 90 seconds flat. And the O Organics frozen peas. And the O Organics Roasted Cashews with Sea Salt... See what I mean about every aisle in the store?!
In addition to the flavors here, I also love that this is the ultimate one-pot dinner. It literally takes about 15 minutes to assemble, and about 30 minutes to simmer - all in one pot.
And - if you're lucky enough to have anything left over, it will taste even better the next day.
Easy Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups O Ogranics Thai Style Curry Chicken Broth
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 8.8 ounce package O Organics 7 Grains & Lentils Blend
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- chopped O Organics cashews to garnish
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger and saute for about 4 minutes. Add the curry paste and curry powder and saute for one more minute.
- Add the O Organics Thai Style Curry Chicken Broth and the diced sweet potato the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then cover it, reduce the heat to medium-low, and let it simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is softened.
- When the sweet potato is tender, shake the can of coconut milk well. Then, pour it into the pot. Add the chicken, O Organics 7 Grains & Lentils Blend, and O Organic peas. Bring it to a boil, and then reduce the heat and let the curry simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, and the lime juice and cilantro.
- Taste, and add additional salt, curry powder, or curry paste if you prefer a spicier curry.
- Garnish each serving with chopped O Organics Roasted Cashews with Sea Salt.
Back-to-school season is always busy, but the world is especially hectic right now. To make things easier for your grocery shopping, Safeway offers grocery delivery and Drive Up and GoTM for convenient ways to shop. Give them a try and Shop O Organics® products!