If you think lower carb eating means no more pasta, think again! This one-pan Penne with Artichokes, Spinach, and Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce is made with Modern Table's lentil-based pasta. It's packed with plant protein, so it's a healthier, lower-glycemic way to enjoy one of your favorite meals. And - it's on the table in less than 30 minutes flat!
Before I made the
Lower glycemic pasta has certainly come a long way, but most aren't quite like what you're used to. So, friend, I'm gonna share a secret. I found a GREAT tasting lentil-based pasta that works! It tastes great, and it's higher in protein.
Whether you need to eat gluten-free, or you're trying to choose foods that are lower in carbs and higher in protein, this pasta won't disappoint. It's made with just 3, gluten-free, non-GMO (and vegan) ingredients. All of their
There is seriously nothing better than a one-pan pasta recipe that's actually good for you. AmIRight?? I used Modern Table's penne pasta in this recipe and it worked like a charm. Quick-cooking, just the right amount of "bite" to the pasta, and delicious taste.
This one-pan pasta is not only ideal for a quick weeknight dinner
Genius Pasta Cooking Tip:
Did you know there's a "rule" for making one-pan pasta?
- Saute your onions, garlic, meat, and any veggies that need cooking
- Add 2 ½ cups of liquid (broth or water)
- Add 8 oz of dry pasta
As long as you stick to that 8oz of dry pasta to 2 ½ cups of liquid, you don't have to cook your pasta ahead of time and then add it to your sauce.
Crazy, right? You're welcome. Try this with any pasta, veggie, meat combination and let me know what you think.
Confession: I'm almost through with "Dry and Sugar-free January" and
wanted needed something that was rich, creamy, luscious. Soooo I added heavy cream and cheese to this recipe. If you're not feeling luscious, or you want to keep it more plant-based, you can skip those, and sub the chicken stock for vegetable stock and this recipe is still really good.
One Pan Penne with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, in oil drained
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 8 oz Modern Table penne pasta
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (in water, not marinated) drain and remove any tough outer pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh sliced basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- While the onions and garlic saute, place the drained sun-dried tomatoes and chicken stock into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the tomato-chicken stock mixture to the pan with the onions and garlic. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and return the sauce to a boil. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the pasta, and add the artichoke hearts and spinach. Cover again and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Check it to make sure it's al dente and you don't overcook it.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the cream and feta cheese. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh sliced basil, if desired.
Have you ever made a one-pan pasta dish?