The "noodles" in this recipe aren't pasta noodles at all! They're made from spiralized zucchini, yellow summer squash, and sweet potato, tossed in a delicious lemon Parmesan dressing.
This recipe is a delicious summer side dish or lovely light main course when your garden is full of zucchini and summer squash.
You can easily make this with a julienne peeler, or a mandoline fitted with the julienne blade, but I highly recommend a Spiralizer if you don't have one.
A spiralizer is a super-fun kitchen toy that can be used year-round and it gets everyone eating more veggies.
This salad is so ridiculously easy to make, and whether you eat it yourself for dinner, or serve if to guests as a side salad, it's so pretty and fun to eat, it will be gobbled up in an instant!
Lemon Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- 2 medium zucchini peeled and ends cut off
- 2 medium yellow summer squash peeled and ends cut off
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and ends cut off
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup good quality grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- With a Spiralizer, julienne peeler or mandolin fitted with the julienne slicing blade, slice zucchini, summer squash and sweet potato into thin "noodles". Toss all vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice basil into thin slices (chiffonade) and add to the vegetables.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Add parmesan cheese and whisk to combine. Add white wine vinegar and garlic powder.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over noodles, and lightly toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for about 15-30 minutes to let flavors blend, and serve.
Have you ever made "zoodles"? How do you eat them?