Chocolate Peanut Butter And Banana Baked Oats
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats is a sweet but satisfying breakfast that's high in protein and complex carbs. It's also full of all of your favorite flavors in every bite!
Does all of this social distancing and hanging out at home have you baking up a storm? I'm not even a baker, but I'm meeting up with a few of my favorite ingredients in my kitchen later today to bake some carrot cake.
I also ordered a rye sourdough bread starter from Cultures for Health the other day. Unfortunately, I can't find rye flour anywhere! It might take a few weeks before I can start feeding my starter.
Who am I???!
If you have the urge to bake something delicious and comforting, but you also want to keep things healthy, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats fit the bill. They're a little bit sweet and very delicious. They're also packed with whole grains, complex carbs, and protein. Oh, yes, and let's not forget the chocolate!
I do love my overnight oats. But baked oats are an even easier option. Bake up a pan on Monday morning, and enjoy them all week. They're especially tasty warmed in the microwave for a minute and topped with some milk and Greek yogurt. So hearty and delicious!
Even though there's a run on flour and canned goods right now, the ingredients for this baked oats recipe should be pretty easy to find. Or maybe you already have them at home. Instead of regular peanut butter, I used PB2 powdered peanut butter here. It's easier to stir into the egg and milk mixture.
If you don't have it on hand, you can certainly substitute regular peanut butter. Just be sure to whisk it in well to remove any clumps.
If you like, you can also assemble this entire recipe the night before, cover and refrigerate it, and then bake it up in the morning. Perfect for a brunch when the world gets back to normal.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Old Fashioned oats
- ½ cup PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups milk any kind
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Line the baking pan with the banana slices, and sprinkle most of the chocolate chips over the banana slices. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips to sprinkle over the top of the oats when it comes out of the oven.
- Spread the oats over the bananas and chocoate chips.
- Combine the PB2 powdered peanut butter, milk, egg, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour this over the oats and gently shake the pan to distrubute the wet mixture throughout the oats.
- Bake the oats for 30-40 minutes, or until they're golden brown and a knife instertedinto the middle comes out mostly clean. They may still be a little bit soft.
- Remove the oats from the oven, and sprinkle the remaining tablespoon or so of chocolate chips over the top. When the chocolate begins to melt, spread a knife across the top to drizzle the chocolate.
What are you baking up during your quarantine friends?