Holiday Spiced Granola
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
If this year has taught us anything, it’s that simple things matter the most. This holiday spiced granola is an easy-to-make holiday gift that everyone loves to receive. It’s a simple, but thoughtful holiday gift made even more special when packaged with a few special touches.
It’s hard to choose holiday gifts when you haven’t seen your loved ones in forever, and you’re supposed to limit your time out of your house. But that doesn’t mean you have to skimp on gifts. In fact, it’s a perfect opportunity to focus on simple, homemade gifts from your heart.
I always think the best gifts come from your kitchen. And a delicious holiday spice granola is one of those easy-to-make gifts that everyone loves. It’s perfect for breakfast, or a snack with yogurt, or sprinkled on ice cream for dessert.
How to Turn Holiday Spice Granola Into a Special Gift
Even something as simple as a jar of homemade granola can be a thoughtful gift when you package it with:
- A special Christmas ornament for the couple who is setting up their first Christmas tree
- A personalized coffee mug with a package of gourmet coffee for the coffee lover
- An extra-large cereal bowl with a monogrammed silver spoon for the breakfast lover
- A festive bouquet of fresh winter flowers – for anyone!
I recently attended a special virtual event with Chicago-based wedding and event planner Debi Lilly. She’s a floral designer extraordinaire and chief eventeur. She’s also the face behind debi lilly design™floral products, candles, and accessories available exclusively at Albertsons Companies family of stores.
We learned how to turn a simple, store-bought bought debi lilly design alpine frost bouquet into an upscale flower arrangement. She also shared how to “chop and drop” that bouquet. It’s so easy to turn it into mini bouquets, a table runner, and some sweet touches to dress up homemade gifts.
Such great ideas! And for me, it was a nice reminder that I don’t have to stress and run all over town for holiday gifts. Everything here is available at my neighborhood Safeway.
How cute are these jars of holiday spiced granola when they’re dressed up with green ribbon and a sprig of evergreen? I love the idea of pairing a jar of granola with a debi lilly mini holiday candle and a bouquet of fresh flowers. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift – that’s also quick and easy to pull together.
How to Make Homemade Granola
Homemade granola is the easiest thing ever – and it’s 100% customizable. All you need is a canister of Old Fashioned Oats, and some sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar. You can add any combination of dried fruits, nuts, seeds, coconut, and spices or flavorings.
Just mix everything together in a bowl, lay it on a baking sheet, and bake it for about 25 minutes.
I got all of the ingredients for this holiday spice granola at my local Safeway. I love the quality and selection of their exclusive brands – from debi lilly design, Open Nature®, to OOrganics®. They have everything that you need to create holiday recipes and special gifts, all at a value, and in one place.
And to make your life even easier, Safeway offers Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop. If you aren’t near Safeway in the Phoenix area, you can also find these exclusive products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including:
- ACME Markets
- Shaw’s Supermarket
- Star Market
- Tom Thumb
Holiday Spiced Granola
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups chopped nuts any combination pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses light or dark, not blackstrap!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- preheat the oven to 325°F and set the oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine the oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice mix, ginger, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Combine the olive oil, maple syrup and molasses in a measuring cup or small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix everything very well to combine.
- Spread the granola onto the baking sheet and flatten it out.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing at 12 minutes. When the granola is light golden brown and fragrant, remove it from the oven. If you prefer granola clusters, press the warm granola tightly into the pan so you can break it apart. Sprinkle the cranberries over the warm granola.
- When cool, toss the granola or break it into pieces. Transfer the granola to small mason jars for gift giving, or to a large jar or airtight container.
Have you ever made your own granola? What are your favorite homemade gifts to give?