Looking for a creative cocktail that's full of fresh flavors? Try this delicious Ginger Pear Martini. Whether you serve it with vodka or as a mocktail with a splash of seltzer, it's sure to satisfy.
A few months ago I experimented with Spiced Candied Ginger, and was left with the most delicious ginger syrup as a tasty by-product of that recipe. It was too good to discard, so I ended up using it in tea, and splashed in seltzer water, and in this completely delicious and amazing Ginger Pear Martini.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version of this drink, no worries, I’ve got you covered! And honestly, it’s just as good as the martini version.
Ginger Pear Martini or Mocktail
For Ginger Syrup
- ½ pound fresh ginger peeled and sliced into ¼-inch round slices
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ounce ginger syrup see instructions below
- 1 ounce pear nectar
- 1 ounce pear liqueur
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce ginger syrup
- 2 ounce pear nectar
- 8 ounces plain or pear seltzer
- Place sugar, water and sliced ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer ginger for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Strain ginger, reserving syrup.
- Pour syrup into a drink container with a lid, and refrigerate until cool overnight. Syrup can be made several days ahead.
- For martini, mix all ingredients with a few pieces of ice, in a martini shaker, and pour into 2 glasses.
- For mocktail, stir ingredients together and pour over glass with ice.