This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
PSL lovers rejoice! This Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Smoothie will have your tastebuds doing a happy dance to celebrate the arrival of fall.
How in the world did it get to be fall already? Wasn’t it just last month that we were putting away holiday decorations? And about a week ago that we were going to restaurants, the gym, and yes, even the office?
Time sure flies and I suspect most of us are quite happy to be in the final stretch of 2020. Hopefully, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. But let’s just pause for a minute and enjoy one of the true treasures of fall – the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Except this PSL is a protein-packed smoothie that you can sip for breakfast, lunch, or a mid-afternoon snack.
Not only does this Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Smoothie hit all of those yummy fall flavors, but it’s also good for you and easy to make. Plus, it’s vegan, and you’ll be surprised at how delicious plant-based can taste.
I created this recipe using several O Organics ® and Open Nature ® plant-based products that I get at my local Safeway grocery store. Of course, I made sure it provides a balanced serving of healthy fats, carbs, and plant-based protein. And using real canned pumpkin means it’s packed with beta-carotene.
Here’s what I used to make this smoothie:
- Open Nature Barista Oatmilk (so thick and creamy you won’t believe it’s non-dairy!)
- Open Nature Creamy Cinnamon Almond Butter
- Open Nature Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Open Nature Vanilla Bean Cashew Milk Non-Dairy Dessert
- O Organics canned pumpkin
- O Organics pumpkin pie spice (in the spice section)
What I Love About O Organics and Open Nature Products
O Organics and Open Nature products can help you incorporate more plant-based meals and snacks into your day. That’s helpful if you have allergies or intolerances to dairy or animal-based ingredients. It’s also great for the environment, and for your overall health – even if you just eat plant-based once a week or so. Here’s what I especially like about these products:
- Both O Organics and Open Nature plant-based products are a budget-friendly, high-protein alternative to meat or dairy. And neither sacrifices quality or flavor.
- O Organics offers high-quality, non-GMO, and 100% USDA-certified organic plant-based products.
- Open Nature’s high-quality products are minimally-processed and free from most common food additives.
If you’re in the Phoenix area, you can find both O Organics and Open Nature plant-based products exclusive at Safeway stores.
But don’t worry if you’re in another part of the country. You can also find them at any of these Albertsons Companies stores:
- Tom Thumb
I have to say, I’m so in love with the creamy oat milk (have you ever tried it?) and the cinnamon-flavored almond butter in this recipe. SO. GOOD!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup Open Nature Oat Milk cold
- 1/3 cup O Organics canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 scoops Open Nature Vanilla Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons Open Nature Creamy Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon O Organics Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 1/2 cup Open Nature Vanilla Bean Cashew Milk non-dairy frozen dessert optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
To make your grocery shopping as easy as possible, Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop. Give it a try!