Is there any better way to savor the flavors of summer than with a bacon, lettuce, tomato salad topped with some fresh grilled corn and creamy avocado? I think not.
This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Lunch. I was compensated for my time but I really do love this product and wanna share the love and give someone a free one!
When the end of August is here, don’t you just want to squeeze every last second out of what’s left of summer? The other night I noticed that it was a little darker than usual around 7:00pm, and it hit me – it’s almost over 🙁 It’s almost time to turn on the lights, squeeze into the jeans, and stock up on canned pumpkin. I’m not ready!!
I’m determined to savor every last drop of summer, so of course, that means eating my fill of peaches and melons, and of course, fresh tomatoes, and grilled corn on the cob. This Bacon Lettuce Tomato salad is hands-down one of my favorite late summer meals. I could eat it every week (and many weeks I do!).
This is such an easy salad to make ahead and take on a picnic, or to the pool, and any leftovers are perfect for tomorrow’s lunch.
And speaking of packing for a picnic, or lunch for work – have you discovered Rubbermaid’s BRILLIANCE Lunch kits? I’m so in love with this product, because as you might know – I’m kind of a salad junkie. As pretty as those mason jar salads are, let’s be honest, have you ever tried to eat a salad out of a mason jar? Not super-effective. I think salads are best when everything is crisp and assembled right before eating. If you’re like me though, that means that everything gets packed in mismatched storage containers – half of which don’t have lids.
No more of that people! Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Lunch containers have customizable insert trays and dividers, so you can create separated compartments all in one food storage container. Everything stays in its place. Goodbye soggy salads, and hello fresh, crisp deliciousness! Check it out:
A few other things I love about this product:
- It’s 100% guaranteed leak-proof. Pack it in your prettiest beach bag, or your briefcase (do people still use briefcases?)
- It’s BPA-free, and safe for the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. I love the idea of zapping the corn, bacon, and maybe even dressing for this salad for a second to warm them up before tossing everything
- It’s totally stain-resistant. Want to pack leftover pasta with tomato sauce and a side salad – pack away friends! No more orange containers 🙂
- They’re also rectangular and so stackable, so they take up less space in your refrigerator
Do you want a set for yourself? You can find them at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, or save the drive and order it right here.
Want one for free? Hop on over to my Facebook page, and just leave a comment on this post telling me what you like to pack for lunch. Tag a friend for an extra entry.
One lucky winner will be chosen to receive the BRILLIANT Lunch snack and salad set shown below. Do it quick, because the contest ends on September 4 – Labor Day.
[bctt tweet=”#ad @Rubbermaid has a genius way to keep my BLT salad super fresh and leak proof. #LockInBrilliance” via=”no”]
- 1 head red leaf lettuce trimmed and chopped
- 1 small head radicchio chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 ears corn grilled
- 6 slices bacon (organic or nitrate-free) cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 medium avocado cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup (or to taste) bottled Blue Cheese Vinaigrette dressing I like Marie's brand
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- If preparing the salad ahead of serving, add the avocado and dressing just before serving.
Are you looking forward to fall, or still hanging on to summer?