Who doesn’t love pizza for a quick weeknight meal? Everyone needs a few quick and easy “fast food” meals (and I’m not talking take out here), and for me, flatbread pizza is a regular. I love that it takes no more than 10 minutes to pull together and can be on the table in 15 minutes flat. Perfect for those nights when you are short on time and energy.
I always have a few packages of Naan bread in my freezer, and Stonefire brand is one of my favorites. No messing with rolling out dough, just toast it up a bit and top it with whatever you please. When it comes to traditional (or should I say “real pizza”), I am partial to my deep dish or stuffed Chicago Style, but that takes time to do it right. For my quick pizza meals, I like to be a little bit more creative, and this pizza does it for me.
I use fig jam in place of sauce, top that with thin slices of prosciutto and pear, and dot it with blue cheese. A handful of fresh arugula after it’s baked, and a drizzle of balsamic syrup and oh my! It looks and tastes like it came from some gourmet pizza place. Add a glass of Pino Grigio and who needs take out? Ah-Mazing.
If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a baking pan or just place it right on the oven rack - but everyone really should have a pizza stone 🙂 (that's an affiliate link - thanks for supporting my blog!)
Pear Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
- 1 piece of naan bread
- 2 tablespoons fig jam jarred
- 3 thin slices prosciutto trimmed
- ½ ripe pear cut into thin slices
- 1 oz blue cheese
- 2 handfuls of arugula about 1 cup packed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a pizza stone in the middle of the oven to preheat.
- Set naan bread on the pizza stone for 2-3 minutes on each side until it starts to get firm and slightly toasted.
- While bread is toasting, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 3-5 minutes or until vinegar thickens into a syrup.
- Remove naan bread from oven. Spread with fig jam. Lay prosciutto over fig jam. Lay slices of pear over prosciutto. Dot with blue cheese.
- Place pizza in oven, and bake for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with balsamic syrup and top with arugula.
What's your favorite flavor of pizza?